Monday, July 21, 2008

Apples


...
Originally uploaded by borealnz
At this time of the year our basement makes a wonderful "studio" -the sun is low in the sky and comes through the dirty windows onto this old desk. Because the windows are so dirty the light is filtered and if I use my 50mm lens open wide, I don't even have to use a tripod.
The apples you see here are from our old backyard tree, I picked a boxful in the autumn and the basement is where they are stored. I am not sure of their variety, they are fairly sweet with a tough skin, and don't mush when cooked, unfortunately they don't store all that well.

2 comments:

paulgrand said...

Amazed as ever, as your cellar is so bountiful!

Borealnz (Jill) said...

Thanks Paul, our cellar is full of surprises :-) I will have to take a photo so you can see the reality!