Friday, July 25, 2008

Warmth...


Warmth...
Originally uploaded by borealnz
I am lucky that our city's Botanic Gardens are only about quarter of an hours walk away from where I live so I visit it often, it's another reason why flowers and flora predominate amongst my photos. This afternoon I walked there with my camera; it was cold and showery and the gardens were all but deserted. I was there between showers luckily and spied this wattle in flower in the upper gardens -a beacon of gold and couldn't resist some photos. This was taken with my old 50mm manual lens at f1.7, after years of neglect I am really enjoying using it again. A subtle layer of texture (thanks Paul Grand) has been added and a TTV frame.

Oh and it poured down on my walk home!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great to see your mimosa blooming, ah, I can smell it from here!

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad I found your blog! I love your flickr photos and I'm excited that you have a blog as well. Your photos are such an inspiration for me, I just love your work.